Monday

Music Spotlight: J COLE "Cole World: The Sideline Story"



I found out about JCOLE about a year and a bit ago by mistake on purely watching some videos on the wonderful world of YOUTUBE
...

It was around the time I started to be real heavy on one of my fave rappers BLU and i was listening to non stop of that..COLE'S video to his track "Simba"... I remember thinking this cat is pretty dope..
I kinda of discovered his Mixtapes in the wrong order..starting with "Friday Night Lights", "The Come Up" and THEN "The Warm up"!!!

When "WHO DAT?" dropped on the scene officially I was soo damn impressed. LOVED the song,, really LOVED the vibe of the video... It was on REPEAT on my Ipod for at least 2 months! FACT.

We live in a mainstream controlled sad sad world where new good music MOST of the time isn't recognized. I and soo many others were hot on COLE but the mass mundane mainstream lot weren't interested- and well basically they for now RULE how music goes, so this cat was bringing out so much mad good shit but there was no mainstream nod. YET.

He dropped "Work Out" which has more mainstream appeal and then "Can't get enough" BAM! That other world began to recognize!

I have been listening to the album over and over again its hard to pick but my faves are "Sideline Story" "Lost Ones", old school vibes with vocals and amazing vibes from MISS ELLIOT on "Nobody's perfect"... collectively it a well put together TIGHT album!

I feel like I and loads of other true fans have been with him (musically) through his journey to success and now that he has hit TOP we're all Happy.

SO GO BUY THIS ALBUM!!! GO OUT AND BUY A HARD FREAKIN COPY.. its worth it! Support REAL talent.

J-Erika.

No comments:

Post a Comment