Sunday

Toro y Moi @ Village Underground 2013

I've loved Chaz aka Toro y moi for such a long time now & had missed out seeing him play London a few years back. So when I heard he was coming to play in the new year I was really happy. I had the pleasure of photographing him Live at the Village underground.
Of course when you hear and experience an artist play live its a completely different light, a magical world kind of thing. His sound has developed a lot from his earlier days, the vibe is more funkier, but still holds onto that ambient, electronic synth tone which is cool & fresh.

My friend joked to me & said that Toro might be a little "Greenwich Village" for him, but you know what his sound has developed to blend to the mainstream ear, but still holds a tight grip onto his indie roots. So really anyone can listen to it.

One thing I didn't enjoy was the crowd. I'm so use to that kind of tight, friendly atmosphere at most gigs I've been to where everyone gets on & has this massive one love for the music. Here most people seemed almost "too cool" to even smile or too cool to even really jam to the music. bleugh.

Check out his latest record- "Anything in Return".



No comments:

Post a Comment