Sunday

J.Erika Interviews Artist Friends


WHATS YOUR NAME AND WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
I am Aruta Soup, In 1986 I was born from my Japanese mother!


DEFINE YOURSELF IN 5 WORDS.

Old school, psychedelic, surrealism, rock, Bunny!!!

WHATS YOUR ART HUSTLE?

Painting and Illustration.



HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN making ART?
When I was 10 years old, I really loved album covers of rock bands,especially heavy metal and the hardcore scene. So i started to create imitations of those album covers. My dad is an illustrator for children books, so I have always seen him working through illustration as a kid; he was always doing these crazy free style paintings, which was basically one of my source of inspiration.



WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO CREATIVELY? TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING ON.

I’ve create flyers, album-covers, T-shirts and music videos for rock & techno music. After I graduated college I did an exhibition at Bricklane and recently I’ve done a mural to CARGO and Camden stables market and Skechbook magazine pop up shop. My painting skills were progressing when I was painting on the CARGO mural. I really want to create professional work like Fairey and Banksy- they are amazing man!



WHE
RE/WHO DO YOU DRAW YOUR INSPIRATION FROM?
There are soo many things! 60’s psychedelic posters, Jimi Hendrix, Funkadelic, Aphex twin, Frank Kozik, Jim Woodring,
Music is the biggest and most important influence for me, especially rock music. It gives me soo much passion.

ARE THERE ANY PLACES, EXHIBITIONS, SHOWS, GIGS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN TO THAT HAVE INFLUENCED YOU CREATIVELY, OR ANY YOU JUST REALLY LIKED?
After I graduated high school, I came to London and I went to a lot of clubs and gigs and met lots of crazy people that kept the experience of life alive!


WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT WHAT YOU DO?
Painting on huge scales!! I can feel my brain melt, It feels so good.



Check whats going down with Aruta and his illustrations @


http://www.myspace.com/arutatta
http://arutasoup.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment