Sunday

J.Erika Interviews Artist Friends


WHATS YOUR NAME AND WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
I'm Tim, I'm a mongrel, now living in the UK but I spent most of my early years in Hong Kong!

DEFINE YOURSELF IN 5 WORDS.

demonic, maniacal, friendly, opinionated, cynical

WHATS YOUR ART HUSTLE?
Illustration mostly, but I'll experiment with anything that interests me


HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN making ART?

Since I was able to hold a pencil I think

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO CREATIVELY? TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING ON
Recently I've moved away from drawing for a bit and gotten into glass-making, its a very different art form from illustration, so much relies on chance, that and expanding my skull collection


ARE THERE ANY PLACES, EXHIBITIONS, SHOWS, GIGS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN TO THAT HAVE INFLUENCED YOU CREATIVELY, OR ANY YOU JUST REALLY LIKED?
Most things I encounter influence me somehow, every exhibition or gig or anything I've been to always gives me something, and usually its from the people at the shows, I find people endlessly interesting, except when they start talking :)

WHERE/WHO DO YOU DRAW YOUR INSPIRATION FROM?
I follow many artists and enjoy the progression of their work, it always helps me to feel my own identity through viewing their expressions, but I like to keep it open, I find that the ideas that seemingly come from nowhere are the most intriguing.




WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT WHAT YOU DO?

Drawing and creating has always been kind of selfish for me, I do it because I enjoy it and nothing else, when I start thinking about other people seeing it and all that, that's when I lose that connection between mind and medium, I get worried about opinions. So I guess what I love most about it is illustrating my thoughts/feelings and having it mean something to me.

This dude is extra SUPERFLY right???? Shamoan...the talent these days...ART SAVES... Check his space at http://timbrook.carbonmade.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment