Wednesday

MEET kitschai

You cannot walk past andrea without noticing her. if not for her great unique style it will be for her tattoos and piercings. she is also a very talented individual who describes herself using the words "fully nigerian, inked and clothes". Here is my short interview with her ...

YOUR INTO FASHION WHAT AND WHO ARE YOU INSPIRATION?
Aaah, yes! J'adore c'est la mode. I'm currently deeply inspired by Lady GaGa, in EVERY aspect, I think she's absolutely amazing! Her unique style and sense of creativity is captivating. Originally, my inspiration was my secondary school mentor, she encouraged me to study Textiles when I was 14 and, from then I fell in love with clothing, texture, print, cut, definition, I then took Fashion as a lifestyle. So she really inspired me, even though she wasn't even into Fashion. In the 'Industry' so to speak. I LOVE designers such as Rei Kawakubo of Comme De Garcon, Alexander McQueen, Cristóbal Balenciaga, Carri CassettePlaya and Wale AdeYemi. Their work and ethic inspires me deeply. There are probably a few more, but those have the greatest impact.




WHAT KIND MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO AND HOW DOES IT INFLUENCE YOUR STYLE.?
I listen to ALL types of music, literally. From Grime to Dubstep to Niche to Jazz [on a random occasion] to AfroBeats. I love Music as a whole really. Well except Bashment, I don't listen to any of that, ever! LooL! Every other Genre gets a thumbs up from me though! I feel that Genres have begun to merge over the years, it works in a good way 'cause it gives people the freedom to select a wide range of Music they can say they're into or enjoy. For me, Neo-Soul and Gospel REALLY give me a deeper connection with Music they influence my thoughts which I feel influences my everyday life, I wouldn't really say it influences my style 'cause I don't think I have one, but the Music I listen to definitely has an overall affect on my attitude and mind frame.

YOU HAVE QUITE A LOT OF TATTOOS ... TELL ME WHY YOUR INNTO TATTOOS??
I loveee tattoos. I feel as though it's self expression, a way for me to get my views and interests across without havin' to utter a word, like style. The way you dress, a narrow-minded person can judge you negatively by it, but a free-spirited person can see your style and tattoos and learn who you are, just from a glance. I got my first tatt when I was 15, I bunked off school to go get it, ha! From then, I've wanted more and more, and that's exactly what I've done and what I'll continue to do, I enjoy lookin' at every single one of them, they make me smile.



YOU ARE A VERY TALENTED POET HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN U HIT THE STAGE WHEN PERFORMING?
HaHaHa! Talented Poet, well thanks, but, I wouldn't say I'm a Poet. I write, I LOVE writing but I don't feel worthy of being called a Poet. I feel like a KID when I'm on stage. As I said I do LOVE to write, it's a huge part of my life BUT, I get RIDICOULOUSLY nervous when I perform. I'm well shy, it might seem unreal, but I'm really self-concious and weary of people's opinions of me and performin' to them leaves me open for criticism, which scares me.

WHO INSPIRES YOUR WORK..AD WHY?
The people who inspire me to write, are Natalie Stewart, Andre 3000, Erykah Badu, Common and Talib Kweli and quite recently, Blu. I love the way they write, they are all individually unique but are brought together by the emotion in their work. I put a lot of emotion in when I'm writing which is what I learnt from each of them. It's not so important to rhyme or even flow, when you feel what you're sayin' and mean it, everything else falls into place.



WHERE CAN WE SEE MORE OF YOUR WORK?
I have a group page on FaceBook which is called 'iWrite by Andrea Ushedo'. It has all my current pieces on there and I plan to upload a weekly or maybe fortnightly video of me, reciting summink, for people to watch and gain a feel of my passion. So yeah, join the page and check it out. I also have a Blog, Kitschai.blogspot.com I regularly update that, you can find my work on there too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment